I suggest you ...

nook support

According to the wiki page (http://nookdevs.com/NonNookApps) newsrob -almost- works out of the box on nook. Hopefully it can be made to work with a simple change.

78 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    dc.disconnect shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • dc.disconnect commented  · 

This bug has gotten pretty old and there is now an eink touchscreen nook (Nook Simple Touch). So .. this was for the original nook, with the eink screen on top and the color lcd/touchscreen on the bottom. (Also known as '1st generation' nook.) FYI NR works pretty well on my new nook touch :)

• Steven commented  · 

With the nook simple touch now at 99 bucks, it should sell like hotcakes for the holiday season. Perhaps start with paid users only, and then add support for the free version as needed. Should be able to run pretty well on the nook with the text only versions of articles downloaded.

• anubis7733 commented  · 

This suggestion may no longer be necessary for very long. I read somewhere that the nook is issuing a software update to bring the tablet up to a full version of android (gingerbread I think) so optimizations shouldn't need to be made.

• anubis7733 commented  · 

This suggestion may no longer be necessary for very long. I read somewhere that the nook is issuing a software update to bring the tablet up to a full version of android (gingerbread I think) so optimizations shouldn't need to be made.

Just to clarify, this is for the non-color eInk nook. The nook color is basically just an android tablet, and I'd be surprised if NR -didn't- work out of the box..

• ross commented  · 

works great on my nook color running rooted stock OS, but I can't get pinch-zoom working in the app under cyanogen or nookie froyo.

since NR is basically my favorite app, I'm holding off on updating the OS for now, because I zoom in and out a fair amount...

• Ken commented  · 

FWIW, on my Nook Color running Cyanogenmod, Newsrob works flawlessly.

• Dmitriy commented  · 

I just tried newsrob and I do love it! Would be great to run it on my nook!

• Jeff Tan commented  · 

I am a happy newsrob pro user too, I am also a Nook user, so basically I am an android fan. It will be fantastic if newsrob come to Nook, please make my dream comes to true.

Thanks!

• Richard commented  · 

Very happy NewsRob Pro customer... could be even happier with NewsRob Nook :D

its not as popular as the galaxy, but it could arguably be the killer app for rooted nooks :)

oh, and while it has a pair (each) of fwd/back buttons, the only other hardware button is home. if the toolbar and back/zoom are moved to the bottom (just the article on top) it'd probably work great. that might be possible without having to maintain it as 2 separate apps (it'll need 2 binaries in the end, but hopefully 1 codebase)

(er, hit submit too soon, sorry.) The wiki page lists the layout changes for nook - basically the top is 600x760 b&w (slow refresh) and the bottom is 480x144 lcd/touchscreen.

Feedback and Knowledge Base