I suggest you ...

Turn off Newsrob Browser and use default browser

Could you add an option to disable the newsrob browser and just use the phone's default browser for links and header clicks? Right now, we have to long-press for this option, and I'd rather have it available immediately.

137 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ChadT shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminMariano Kamp (Admin, newsrob) commented  · 

Regarding "Manage Feed".

Open an article of the feed you want to change, click the menu button on your phone, select "Manage Feed". For the latter you may need to select "More" in the menu first.

• Roberto Barreda commented  · 

Excuse me Mariano, but I can't find "Manage Feed from the option menu" to turn on JavaScript

• armooo commented  · 

That is exactly what I have been looking for.

• AdminMariano Kamp (Admin, newsrob) commented  · 

Spotthedog, just so we are clear. Inside of NewsRob I can only use the "NewsRob Browser", which is Google's WebView.

So there will not be any work I can save. I can just implement and additional global option that says "Always open links in external browser" that will lead to every click *inside* of NewsRob's browser to launch the external browser.

• spotthedog commented  · 

This would be a great feature. Users can then choose which browser to use rather than being forced to use the embedded one. Would also allow the developer to concentrate on the core product ( which is great btw)

• zathraszero commented  · 

The bigest issue is Lifehacker and Gizmodo complain that the Javascript is not enabled in the embedded browser so I have to go and load it in one of the external browsers and works fine.

• E. Walter commented  · 

I would love this. Many of the sites I regularly have to open display very poorly in the Newsrob browser, and I have no issue just opening it in the stock browser.

On a related note, I often hit the star when I mean to hit the web, as well as the other way around. Maybe I just have big fingers, but those could be positioned better.

Feedback and Knowledge Base