or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Eric commented  · 

Today I saw a unusual message on my phone:an updated version of my favorite newsreader. What could it be? A tablet version? OMG, that would be awesome. Or maybe a scrolling widget? That would be cool too.
        But no, it was about removing features (with a good justification, I admit).
        The good news is that this is a signal of life. The project is not abandoned. So I decided to come here to check. Newsrob has the best backend, but it is getting behind in UI. Not even an informative widget after so long?

• Marco commented  · 

Please add this..

• Mario Ruprecht commented  · 

I tried Newsr and Reader HD but I miss a tablet optimized version of NewsRob.

• Josh Kiepert commented  · 

I agree with the other commenters...this would be a great improvement to an already great application and would offer yet another reason for people to choose newrob.

• Christopher David Earp commented  · 

I have tried all the honeycomb optimized google reader apps, and all of them are missing important features that Newsrob has. Namely, caching webpages and instapaper. An interface like newsr or reader hd with the backbone of Newsrob would be great.

• Robm commented  · 

Newsrob runs well on my honeycomb Motorola Xoom, but it is still formatted for a smartphone screen. I would love an enhanced version that makes use of the extra screen real estate available on a tablet. Maybe article list on the left and article body on the right. Or at the very least a larger font on the article list screen.

Thank you!

• webreaper commented  · 

The requirements for this are to have a fragments-based full form-factor version of Newsrob, perhaps with the article list on the LHS, and a large reading pane on the RHS.

Mariano has also discussed Honeycomb-style widgets, but I see these as lower-priority; getting a full-sized HC version of Newsrob onto the market early would establish NewsRob as the de-facto Google Reader client for Tablets, which can only be a good thing for Mariano and for us. :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base