I suggest you ...

Capture the "Print" (or "Single Page") version of an article, when available

I've been a big fan of Newsrob since I got my first Android phone (the original Motorola Droid 1), something like three years ago. I live and work in NYC, and the subway is my main mode of transportation, so caching of articles is first on my required list of features for any reader.

There are several sites I subscribe to where the feed has only a short blurb, plus a link to click to go to the original website for the entire article.

Newsrob, unlike the Google Reader App, can follow such links and cache the resulting page (much kudos for this feature!).

However, at least one site I read regularly (http://www.infoworld.com/blogs/robert-x-cringely/feed) has multi-page articles, where one must click "Next" or the desired page number to navigate past the first page of the article. In this case, there also happens to be a "Print" link, which puts the entire article on one page for printing. Other sites (NYTimes.com comes to mind) have a "Single Page" link.

Would it be possible to configure a given feed to capture the "Print" or "Single Page" link?

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    D. M. Miller shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • D. M. Miller commented  · 

The term used in the settings now is Download Content Preference: I suppose what I'm asking for is a further setting, after "Articles", "Articles + Images", "Articles + Images + Simplified Web Page", "Articles + Images + Web Page".

Perhaps it might be called something like, "Articles + Images + Single Web Page".

Feedback and Knowledge Base