I suggest you ...

Alert for keywords.

Provide the ability to provide a list of keywords/phrases that can trigger either an alert for certain words/phrases.

extended thoughts: Ability to set maximum alert frequency, regex support for searches, locale tag.

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    j_wb shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminMariano Kamp (Admin, newsrob) responded  · 

Could you please add some more details?

Please explain a use case, how you would use this feature?

Could you please also state how this differs from the use of Google Alerts and a feed to search.twitter.com?

How would this feature be integrated with the existing notification meachnism?

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Luděk Melichar commented  · 

It is great idea. I imagine that. User create list of keywords and newsrob add (for example) yellow line next to green line if post contains keyword.

• AdminMariano Kamp (Admin, newsrob) commented  · 

Ok, I see.

My point was that you can use a feedsearch or twittersearch that will let you search broader, or in other words deeper, than just a few feeds.

• corytang commented  · 

I haven't actually used Google Alerts or search.twitter.com, and I'm not exactly sure how I would configure Google Alerts to only search RSS feed headlines for specific keywords. Obviously plugging 'BBQ' into a Google Alert query would not have the desired effect.

Also, it would seem like a duplication of effort to subscribe to 10 feeds in Google Reader, and then create Google Alert queries for keywords within said feeds.

• AdminMariano Kamp (Admin, newsrob) commented  · 

Thanks.

Could you please also state how this differs from the use of Google Alerts and a feed to search.twitter.com?

You can subscribe to their results too.

Feedback and Knowledge Base