I suggest you ...

Dont try to load items over the network if no network connection exists

I read articles on the subway with no network connection. Sometimes I get the loading circle animation in the middle of the article as it tries to load an image or something, even though there is no network connection at all. It would be good to either move this loading animation or to detect if the network is connected or not.

30 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    elliott.friedman shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • masterjo commented  · 

I completely understand your point about not diverting time from other suggestions that may be of value to a larger crowd.
        It's just that my understanding was that every point should be voted on and if you are going to work on it then it's going to be 'under review', after that 'started', etc.

Thanks for your answer and good luck!

• AdminMariano Kamp (Admin, newsrob) commented  · 

Masterjo.

Basically I review all suggestions and decline the duplicates etc. right away as well as the suggestion that I don't see fit. When I set something to "under review" it basically means this open for voting and when there are enough votes I will dig into it to find a solution.

Btw. I already tried to work on this one, but it wasn't easy at all to implement it and I need to check the Android SDK sources to find out if there is a good solution ... and that takes time that I would divert from other suggestions that may be of value to a larger crowd.

• masterjo commented  · 

I don't want to bother you with this issue as it's completely fair that you put your work into issues that gathered more votes.
        Just curious though: what does it mean in your workflow to set the status of an issue to 'under review'?

• masterjo commented  · 

i have exactly the same usecase as OP and would like to see this realized!
        do you have a status update on this?

Feedback and Knowledge Base