I suggest you ...

Make enclosures (video/audio) selectable and downloadable during the next sync

Make enclosed media be recognizable in NewsRob and then selectable for download.

NewsRob will not become a media app, it will only ask the Android download service to make the download.

Original feature request:

download videos if available (in background)

for two reaons

- i can stay in newsrob only, the app swapping process is sooo heavy. i dont want any other app to come up when i'm reading my rss
- the youtube app,if launched by newsrob,crashes my phone half the times (reboot)

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    emp shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • emp commented  · 

my youtube app seems to crash randomly
        and i know dolphin can do the download but i think the app switching (nr, then dolphin to download the video, then nr again) really heavy and time consuming.
        what im thinking of is not to download every video from evey feeds. just the ones i click on in NR.

anyways,thanks for checking my ideas...great app Mr Kamp

• AdminMariano Kamp (Admin, newsrob) commented  · 

Sorry, I don't see that in NewsRob as well as I don't see Podcasts in NewsRob. It's hard enough to polish and extend the current scope and I don't feel I can keep up with it, when I would widen the scope.

For your example. The youtube app crashes your phone? That sounds strange. Maybe something else is wrong with your installation?

Anyway, I have installed the Dolphin browser. When you then click on a youtube video in NewsRob you get the choice to view the video in the youtube player, or download it via Dolphin.

Feedback and Knowledge Base