I suggest you ...

allows images to fit-to-width automatically

In the article view it would be great if the images always fit-to-width automatically. Currently the zoom function also resize the text so you always have to toggle between seeing the image (text too small) and reading the text (image too big)

88 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Louis-Philippe BrochLouis-Philippe Broch shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MaxMax commented  · 

Nope, no Instapaper here.

• MaxMax commented  · 

Is it just me, or is this no longer the default setting? Seems I have to activate this for every single feed..

• peteokmapeteokma commented  · 

Hey, just got an android phone and I'm loving newsrob. However this is the one feature I would really like to see. I view a lot of RSS pages the include the full content of the story. The embedded images can be quite large. It gets annoying having to have to scroll through them in order to read the article.

By the way this site is a fantastic, the ability to allow users to vote on issues is a great idea. Keep up the good work

Pete

• stari4ekstari4ek commented  · 

sometimes it's better do not scale-to-fit image, but just lock font size, during image scaling

• Mariano KampAdminMariano Kamp (Admin, newsrob) commented  · 

Indeed, that might be a bit strange, but I talked to him before and I will try this too then.

When the votes are right ;-)

I fear though that solution is based on JavaScript and it might mean that JavaScript need to be enabled then... but maybe not, maybe it's ok to quickly turn it on, do the resizing, and turn it off again then.

• webreaperwebreaper commented  · 

You could email Kelly Brock (the developer of Greed) and ask how he implemented it. I know it may sound daft to ask a competitor, but he's a keen Android developer and a pretty cool guy, so probably would be happy to help.

Feedback and Knowledge Base