• google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David Cornish commented  · 

On the iPad, I use this with reeder all the time

• AdminMariano Kamp (Admin, newsrob) commented  · 

I don't know how to send an article with images. Has anybody seen an app on Android that does sends articles with html and images?

• Steven commented  · 

This would be an excellent idea. Could just be a menu-selection while reading the particular article.

• presveva commented  · 

feedr and greader have this feature..

• tonyfelice commented  · 

It should at be an option. There are more reasons to email than just share a link, for example, hellotxt and tumblr.

Please consider this, and if Dev time is the issue, I'd be willing to help.

• Jay commented  · 

I know what you're saying, was just an example. Most places don't check email usage though. Text emails are fine for example. The only things alerted normally are pictures, and recipients of content are never reprimanded anyway. ;) Maybe a setting in newsrob could specify whether pictures are sent with the email or not.

Seriously though, it would make people more inclined to read your shared news stories, particularly those with phones which aren't as good at using the web as ours. I can't imagine it would be hard to implement, since the existing send via email already put populates the title into the subject line. Surely populating the body with the text from the feed in newsrob couldn't be that hard.

And my apologies for the rampant typos in the previous post.

• webreaper commented  · 

Jay, One could reasonably argue that if your workplace has blocked a particular site because it breaches company content policies, then sending it via email isn't really something you should be doing either. ;)

:)

• Jay commented  · 

Actually that's not true reaper. Many purple with email access do not have complete unrestricted internet access. Many workplaces block a whole range if normal websites including video game websites, ebay, internet mail like hotmail etc.

If I want to send a friend news about a new game coming out for example, he'll have to wait until he gets home to be able to read it because sites like gamespot.com are restricted sites at his work place.

The fact that the majority of iphone/ipad news readers have this feature means we should have it too. It's very important.

• webreaper commented  · 

Actually, most people want an email with just a link. Sending the full article content may not be possible - and may result in a huge email. If the person has email, then they should have an internet connection - in which case a link is sufficient and means they'll get the content rendered properly (instead of in mobile form, etc).

If you really need to send article content in the email, a better solution to this would be to implement the 'select text' function in the NewsRob browser (as per this request: http://newsrob.uservoice.com/forums/35624-general/suggestions/998893-select-text-for-sharing) so that it can be copied/pasted into the email along with the link.

• kyle1745 commented  · 

I second this... I can not believe this is not included already and its one of the biggest things I miss from my blackberry. Who wants a email with just a link?

• Jay commented  · 

I agree. This is my most wanted feature. As the tech head of my family and friend circles, I often inform them of things that may interest them. Even for myself, it's good to email a story to yourself to look at in depth later, or send an article to a computer you don't have web access permissions but email (they are nazi's at my work). Just getting a link to the story, my family and friends are less inclined to read my shared articles. But if with the content there, they might take my shares more seriously!

Feedback and Knowledge Base